But, I'm happy to see that the Barry Obama that I elected in 2008, the guy I stood out in the freezing cold of Washington D.C. in January of 2009 to see inaugurated, has finally showed up to run this country. His Town Hall meeting at the University of Maryland today is so far (he's still answering questions) absolutely brilliant.
Obama is like the teacher/professor you love because he explains very complicated issues, not by dumbing them down, but by guiding you through the complexities. I'm very happy to see this televised. Obama is addressing the nation, on an intellectual level that's appropriate. I've grown so tired of seeing politicians speak to the public as if they were running and running for a Junior High Student Council. MOST AMERICANS can follow and comprehend policy discussions and debates if they're presented a level appropriate for recent High School graduates. That is the minimum amount of intellectualism required to tackle these important issues. And, it's not too much to ask of the American people to consider issues with this level of comprehension.
The best thing about this is, IT'S WORKING!