Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Last Straw

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/naked-blackmail/

Jesus Shittin' Christ! I have a hard time even commenting on this one. Republicans have thrown in a last minute demand to derail negotiations on the Debt Ceiling. And, it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DEBT!!! They're demanding what amounts to a repeal of Obama's healthcare program... You know, Obama's one true accomplishment?

If he gave in, it would be the end of his Presidency. He will not give in on this. He's already offered Social Security and Medicare cuts. I'm surprised that they're not asking for fetuses to be defined as human beings and for gay sex to be punishable by death.

If you support these bozos and this kind of bad faith grandstanding disguised as "negotiation", then you're officially dead to me. Seriously, if you can get behind this kind of childish nonsense that puts politics ahead of the greater good of the nation, then I have no respect for you at all. Delete me from your life.